New Mexico Orthopaedics is excited to announce the addition of our newest physician, Dr. Antony Kallur. Dr. Kallur is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in spine and pediatrics.
Dr. Kallur has worked in Pediatric Orthopedics for over 12 years, and states that working with children is one of the most rewarding aspects of being a healthcare provider.
Dr. Kallur utilizes the latest technology (eg. Robotics and Navigation) and techniques (fusion and vertebral body tethering—a new, FDA approved non-fusion technique for scoliosis— to ensure the safest and most positive outcomes for intricate spinal surgeries.
He has worked in New Mexico for 10 years and enjoys a stellar reputation among referring physicians and fellow pediatric orthopedic surgeons. He was also an associate professor at Baylor college of medicine and worked at Texas Children’s hospital for the last 2 years as senior faculty in pediatric orthopedics, with special interests in spine and spine deformity.
His specialities and interests include:
- Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis— assessment, management, bracing, observation or surgery
- Neuromuscular, congenital, syndromic, and complex scoliosis in younger children— expertise in growing rods and casting
- Back pain in children— both athletes and non-athletes
- Conservative and operative interventions
- Fractures in children— treating all aspects of trauma in children (including spinal trauma)
- Lower extremity issues— limb length discrepancies, angular deformities, congenital malformations
- Tumors— all benign tumors
Dr. Kallur loves the abundance of outdoor activities and great weather New Mexico provides. In his free time, he loves hiking the Sandia mountains and foothills. He also enjoys golfing and running (Albuquerque is perfect for both) and loves to watch the balloons!!
Dr. Kallur is currently accepting new patients. To schedule an evaluation, please visit our self-scheduling portal here or contact 505-768-7507 today!