Due to its location and range of motion, your neck is often left unprotected and at risk for injury. Neck pain can vary, including tender, stiff, sharp, spasmodic, burning, tingling, and disabling chronic pain.
The neck specialists and physical therapists at New Mexico Orthopaedics can help you address your symptoms and create a treatment plan to minimize pain and long-term damage to the joints.
COMMON INJURIES & CONDITIONS
Neck pain is commonly caused by:
- Injury (damaging the tendons, muscles, or ligaments)
- Herniated disk in the neck
- Cervical (neck) disk degeneration
- Congenital abnormalities of the vertebrae and bones
DIAGNOSIS & TREATMENT
Diagnosis & Treatment
Receiving medical treatment for neck pain is recommended as soon as the pain starts to prevent further injury or damage. Identifying any accident to our specialists will assist in proper diagnosis. Additional diagnostic procedures may be used for the neck, including imaging, blood tests, and EMG tests. Treatment plans may require:
- Medicine (to reduce inflammation and control pain)
- Physical therapy
- Neck brace or immobilization
- Massage therapy