Based on 1 reviews
STEPHEN A. REFSLAND, MD
Board-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Fellowship-Trained in Hand Surgery
Dr. Refsland was drawn to orthopedics, like so many, to help people. He wants to support his patients in their injuries and disabilities, so they may get back to what they enjoy most. To him, the hand is the most important part of the body. It is what makes us uniquely human. Even though we have two hands and ten fingers, any diminished function in just one finger is noticed immediately. The use of both hands is vital in everyday activities that we all take for granted. He enjoys the complexities of the arm anatomy and function and strives to apply this passion and knowledge to help his patients.
Medicine has its own language. Dr. Refsland empathizes with the patient who is trying to understand a topic that takes years to master while they are injured. As your physician he will help you to understand your diagnosis and provide you with the most accurate information regarding your treatment. By working together we can succeed in enhancing the quality of your life.
In addition to his extensive medical commitments, he enjoys mountain and road biking, snowboarding, skiing and surfing. At heart, he is a family man over all other activities.
- Bachelor of Arts: Degree: Philosophy, Politics and Economics; University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Drexel University College of Medicine; Philadelphia, PA; 2010
- Temple University Hospital; Philadelphia, PA
- Temple Orthopedics and Sports Medicine; Philadelphia, PA; 2011-2015
- Combined CV Starr & NYU Hand Fellowships; New York, NY
- Texas Scottish Rite Fellowship in Pediatric Hand and Upper Extremities
- Presbyterian Hospital
- Lovelace Hospitals
- American Society of Surgery of the Hand
- American Association of Hand Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons