Based on 1 reviews
SHELBY JARRELL, MD
Board-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Fellowship-Trained in Sports Medicine and Pediatric Orthopaedics
Dr. Shelby Jarrell is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon who is fellowship trained in sports medicine and pediatric orthopaedics. Dr. Jarrell joined the practice in April 2015.
He chose a career in orthopaedics after suffering injuries as a wrestler and a field artillery officer in the U.S. Army. After he was able to return to his previous activity levels by his surgeons, Dr. Jarrell decided to pursue sports medicine in order to treat patients with similar injuries and provide them with the best possible outcomes. Additionally, Dr. Jarrell spent an additional year of training focused on pediatric care and certain pediatric disorders. He enjoys working with the pediatric population and his training in both areas gives allows him to effectively treat patients of any age.
Dr. Jarrell believes in empowering patients to make informed choices regarding their health care and takes a conservative management approach with their care to ensure that they are informed and educated on their injuries and the treatment options available to them.
In his spare time, Dr. Jarrell enjoys hiking, camping and fly-fishing, and is proud of his status as a veteran of the armed services of the United States of America.
- Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Case Western Reserve, Cleveland, Ohio
- Shriners Hospital for Children, Portland, Oregon (Pediatrics)
- Congress Medical Associates, Pasadena, California (Sports Medicine)
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- New Mexico Medical Society