Rafael Garcia, PA-C
Rafael Garcia is a Physician’s Assistant to Dr. Kiburz, who specializes in sports medicine at New Mexico Orthopaedic Associates. Rafael grew up on a small cattle ranch in New Mexico and served his country in the United States Army, where he received medical training and experienced multiple deployments. His experiences lead him to appreciate the quality of medical care available in New Mexico. The most rewarding aspect of his role is watching patients advance from their initial injuries back to their previous functional ability.
Outside of work, Rafael enjoys running and ranching.
Education and Experience
- University of New Mexico, Exercise Science
- University of Utah, MS Physician Assistant Studies
- U.S. Army, Physical Therapist Specialist, Combat Medic, Flight Surgeon Certification
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- New Mexico Livestock Board