Based on 2 reviews
Evan Knaus, DO
Board Certified in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Board Certified in Sports Medicine
Fellowship-Trained in the Diagnosis and Non-Surgical Treatment of Spine and Musculoskeletal Disorders
Dr Evan Knaus is a board-certified physiatrist whose practice focuses on non-operative treatments of musculoskeletal and spine problems. He uses his expertise to improve the level of function and quality of life for each patient and firmly believes that patient education plays a key role in the healing process.
Dr. Knaus has always held a strong interest in anatomy and biomechanics of the human body. This, along with his desire to help people and his personal philosophies, led Dr Knaus to join the team at New Mexico Orthopaedics.
Amongst honors he received throughout his educational career, Dr. Knaus was awarded McPherson and President’s scholarships while at Colorado State University, where he graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelors of Science degree in Microbiology.
Dr. Knaus grew up in southern Colorado, where he was an Eagle Scout and developed a keen interest in the outdoors. He and his wife have been enchanted by of New Mexico, as evidenced by his passion for capturing the beauty by taking numerous photographs of the landscape. They also enjoy a variety of outdoor activities, such as hiking, camping and snowboarding.
- Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
- Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Downer’s Grove, IL
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago/Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- Association of Academic Physiatrists
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Academy of Osteopathy
- New Mexico Medical Society